By; AMOS MATHEW, Kaduna
Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU) is set to inaugurate a political committee to draw a political roadmap for southern kaduna ahead of 2023 and beyond.
Below is the press statement:-
After the meeting of the Central Executive Committee (CEC) meeting of SOKAPU, which took place on 18th March, 2022 at the National Secretariat of the Union in Kaduna, the formation of a Political Committee of the Union was approved.
Sequel to this development, a wide consultation was made which led to a careful selection of members into the committee.
Below is a list of the committee members:
1. Prof. Andrew Nkom(Kaura) – Chairman
2. Pa Pius Mallam(Zangon Kataf) – Member
3. Amb. Bulus Lolo(Jaba) – Member
4. Mr Auta Mamma Bussa(Chikun) – Member
5. Mr Bulus Emishe (Kagarko) – Member
6. Mr Nathaniel Hayab(Kachia) – Member
7. Dr J.D. Thot(Jaba) – Member
8. Arc. Ayuba Natsa(Jamma’a) – Member
9. Mrs Hannatu Ugah(Sanga) – Member
10. J.C. Kaduma (Kaura) – Member
11. Engr. Usman Baba(Sanga) – Member
12. Yakubu Yahaya Kuzamani(Kauru) – Member
13. Comrade Rosi Elisha(Lere) – Member
14. Ishaku Shekari(Zangon Kataf) – Member
16. Esther Timothy Cookey(KD South) – Member
17. Mr Ali Waziri (KD South) – Member
18. Engr. Bawa Magaji(Kajuru) – Member
19. Amb. Lolo Bulus(Jaba) – Member
20: Austin Peters(Zaria Axis) – Member
21. Mrs Hannatu Sunny (Lere)
22. Mrs Juliana Joseph(Zangon Kataf)
23. Dr Sale Pashi (Kaura)
24. Mr Simon Reef Musa(Zangon Kataf) –
The committee is to among others things:
- Draw a Political Roadmap for Southern Kaduna ahead of 2023 and beyond.
- Engage with critical political stakeholders and players to identify, champion and protect the interest of Southern Kaduna.
- To explore areas of partnership with other political players within and outside the state for the purpose of fostering collaborative efforts and improving the democratic process.
- Set up structures by way of organizing seminars, symposia, workshops and sensitization lectures to facilitate political awareness and voter education and Electoral participation in Southern Kaduna.
- The Committee is free to co- opt new members, but in consultation with the President and approval by the CEC
- All decisions reached should be communicated to the CEC, via the President of SOKAPU before any action is taken.
The Committee will be inaugurated in the SOKAPU National Secretariat, 1 Ghana Close, Barnawa, Kaduna, on Monday the 4th of April, 2022 by 10:00am prompt.
Signed: Luka Binniyat